8325 Angel Pardue Road
P. O. Box 465
Stokesdale, NC 27357
Tuesday - Friday
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Carolyn L. Joyner
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
Town Council Agenda
June 12, 2014
I. Call Council Meeting to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
heard on a non-agenda item should now request placement on the agenda
V. Reading and Approval of minutes of the August 20, 2013 and September 17, 2013 Regular Council
meetings and Council Workshops held on September 12 and 19, 2013
VI. Comments from the Floor (3 Minute Limit per Speaker for Non-Agenda Items Only)
VII. New Business:
1. Report from Guilford County Sheriff’s Department
2. Public Hearing: Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Budget and Adoption of Budget Ordinance #89.
3. US Hwy 158 Committee Report
VIII. Unfinished Business:
1. Consider Approval of Facility Use Agreements for Park
2. Generator Maintenance – Consider Service Agreements
3. Separation of Duties Document
IX. Committee and Board Reports:
1. Committee/Board Reports
a. Consider Committee Application
2. Departmental and Administrative Reports
a. Finance Report: May, 2014
b. Consider Budget Amendment for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
c. Administrative Report – Town Clerk
1. The Ordinance Review Committee will meet on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 7:00 pm.
2. Spruce Up for Summer: June 21, 8am – 1 pm at the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market. Yard Care
Information & Prize Drawings. Call Rebecca Coplin 336-883-3520 or email
Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
3. Public Safety Committee Meeting: Monday, July 7, 2014 at 6:30 pm.
4. Planning Board Meeting; Thursday, July 10, 2014; 7:30 pm if there are cases to be heard.
5. Town Council Meeting: Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 7:00 pm.
6. National Night Out will be celebrated on Tuesday, August 5, 2014. Plan events for your
neighborhood to promote involvement in crime prevention activities, police-community partnerships,
neighborhood camaraderie and send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are
organized and fighting back.
7. For Monthly Events of organizations in Stokesdale, please check the websites for their calendars of
events: Four Corners Chamber of Commerce: www.fourcornerscofc.com; Good Samaritan
Ministries of Stokesdale: www.stokesdalegsm.org; R.O.A.D.S.: www.roads-stokesdalenc.org
XI. Comments from Council
Last Updated: Wednesday June 11, 2014
E-mail the Webmaster with questions or comments about this Web site.
Copyright©2014 Town of Stokesdale, North Carolina